This website is still under construction. Thank you for your patience.

G'Day!!

See where I go and what I get up to on my travels, which lead me to all the corners of the world!
Powered by Blogger.
Wednesday 20 June 2012

Prague nights

We have just landed in Prague and after checking in decided to check out the neighbourhood Holesovice.

Just around the corner from the A&O Hostel we're staying at are cheap bars and we found one with Pilsener Urquell on tap for CZK 37 for every 0.5l glass of the amber nectar.

Now bearing in mind neither of us speaks any Czech, we just negotiated the Prague bus and metro systems without a glitch, had been travelling sibce 10.30 am and were not used to sweltering 29 degrees Celsius and approx 95% humidity due to being used to British climes we felt a drink was in order to celebrate achievements and cool down.

While I sit here writing this, a thunderstorm is unleashing its fury over the Czech capital. It hasn't cooled down a bit. Getting rained on on the way back from the pub felt good and a cold shower awaits!

Tomorrow, we will venture into Prague proper, see the sights, poke arou around a museum or two and take it all in.

From what I could see of western Prague from the bus to Dejvicka and then again walking around our street in Holesovice, I feel right at home. A lot of the architecture would not look our of place in Germany and I am really looking forward to exploring the city in the morning!!

0 comments: